Wireless service providers do not want stolen phones to function properly as it encourages fraud and theft, so if a phone is marked lost or stolen its likely to allow one type of call from that point forward and that is emergency calls only.
Why is my phone keep saying emergency calls only?
If your SIM Card is not inserted or is not seated properly, it may cause your phone to only allow calls to 911. Ensure your SIM Card is securely inserted into the slot. It may not hurt to remove it and re-seat it. … You should be able to get a replacement SIM card from your wireless carrier for no charge.
How do I get my cell phone out of emergency mode?
Turn Emergency Mode Off
- Press and hold the. Power button. until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears then release.
- Tap. Emergency mode. . Alternatively, while on the Home screen tap the. Menu icon. (upper-right) > Turn off Emergency mode. . Allow several seconds for the change to take effect.
How do I get my Android phone off emergency calls only?
To turn off Emergency Mode, try these things: Press and hold the END button (or the button you use to end a call) for 3 seconds. Turn your phone off and then on again. Reset your phone (see Troubleshooting your wireless phone)
How do I get my iPhone off of emergency calls only?
How to turn off the emergency call feature on an iPhone
- Start the Settings app.
- Tap “Emergency SOS.”
- If you want to disable your phone’s ability to automatically call 911 when you press the Power button five times, turn off “Call with Side Button” by swiping the button to the left.
Why is my Huawei phone showing emergency calls only?
This issue occurs due to the improper display on the mobile phone. Solution: Restart your mobile phone. Insert the SIM card again or replace the SIM card slot and try again.
How do you fix phone that says emergency calls only?
Airplane mode – switch Airplane Mode on and then after a few seconds switch it back off. Check the SIM – if your cell phone has a SIM card then make sure that it’s inserted correctly, that it’s clean and functioning properly. Check your Apps – the most common cause of problems on Android phones are app related.
What to do when phone shows emergency calls only?
Push and hold the power button, then select Power off from the menu.
- Open Settings on your phone or tablet.
- Under Wireless & networks, select More.
- First, make sure Airplane mode is Off.
- Select Cellular networks.
- Select Network operators.
Why did my iPhone go into emergency mode?
The main reason behind the iPhone stuck on emergency SOS mode is because of our own mistake. Sometimes when you press the volume up, down and power buttons to perform other iPhone actions, you may accidentally press the wrong key combination. That’s when your iPhone goes into emergency SOS mode.
How do I turn off emergency call on my Samsung?
- Open your Android’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Lock Screen and Security or Lock Screen. If you don’t see this option, try tapping Security first.
- Tap Screen lock or Screen Lock Type.
- Confirm your current security PIN, password, or bio-method.
- Select None. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the change.
How do I stop automatic emergency calls?
Head to the Security menu in Settings, then choose the “Screen lock” option. From here, select “None,” then press “Yes” if prompted. The next time you unlock your device, you should be greeted by your shiny new lock screen, and that stupid “Emergency Call” button will finally be gone.